Sunday, November 21, 2010

Planning, revisited....

So, we planned our whole weekend around Thanksgiving fellowship dinner at our church Sunday afternoon. 

Nevin took off from work at the shop Friday and hunted Friday and Saturday, instead of the usual Saturday and Sunday.  He wanted to get home Saturday night to be able to attend church and go to the big family dinner.

I spent Saturday evening making sweet potato casserole, maple sausage dressing and pumpkin bread.

All was ready, packaged to travel.  All I had left to do was make the streusel topping for the sweet potatoes.

At 4:30 this morning, I hear someone throwing up.

At 7:00 this morning, same guy is throwing up.

At other various intervals this morning, same guy is throwing up. 

Now that poor guy is curled up in a chair watching Cars.  The other guys are all off to church, bearing food.  But they are coming home for lunch, so we can spend the rest of the day together. 

So, all this planning, for a meal we are not going to get to eat.  But, that is how it is, especially with a house full of little people.  You plan, but each day (sometimes each hour) holds surprises and you have to be very flexible. 

I did keep a little of the food back so that we can have it with our supper tonight - they didn't need ALL those sweet potatoes!

Praying that no one else gets sick, as we are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.