Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's always something, you know....

Today is simply filled with adventures.  We got up this morning with several of us hacking and coughing, so we decided it was "school by video" day - we watched a dvd on government and part of a science video, then just did some reading and read aloud stuff.  Tomorrow will be better.  I hope!

Joe and Henry were in a turmoil because a couple of the chicks were getting pecked.  For those who are not hip to chicken behavior, occasionally a couple chicks will get pecked on their rears until it draws blood, and then the rest of the flock will jump in on it.  This can really injure, even kill, a chick.  It was recommended that I put axle grease on the wound, so it would taste bad.  I don't think I have any of that.  Vaseline?  No, not that either.  But ......to the rescue, that fabulous product with now a million and ONE MORE uses - Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream!  Washed them off, rubbed it on their little behinds, and no more pecking.

And they smell nice and will have just the softest behinds!

We are now getting ready to process the three deer The Hunter got last weekend.  Some friends are coming by to learn how to process deer, and just to share in the general merriment.

Life around here is something different every single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.