35. A Boy No More – 3.5 – Harry Mazer – 2nd book in the series the boys and I started last month. After his father's death on the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor, Adam, him mother and sister re-locate to Bakersfield, CA. While there, Adam discovers his friend Davi’s family has been sent from Hawaii to an internment camp in California.
36. A Man Called Peter – 4 – Catherine Marshall – bio of Peter Marshall, who immigrated from Scotland to the USA in the 1930s and went on to pastor New York Avenue Church in Washington DC and serve as the Senate Chaplain.
37. Who is My Shelter: A House of Hope Novel – 4.5 – Neta Jackson –
the further adventures of some of the Yada Yada sisters and the Manna House womens’ shelter and House of Hope. It doesn’t say if there is another book, but there were a few loose ends left with this one. Maybe……These are light reading, but they are uplifting and I enjoy them.
38. The Martyr of the Catacombs – 4 – author unknown - excellent book about life for the early Christians during a time of tribulation. Suitable for older children as well. I don't know if this is a Sonlight book, but that is what it made me think of.
39. Bound By Guilt – 4.5 – C.J. Darlington -
2nd book by a young author. Several of the characters in her first book, Thicker Than Blood return. Excellent story of guilt, grace and mercy. This is an author to watch!
40. Heroes Don’t Run – 3 – Harry Mazer – 3rd book in the Boy at War series. Adam goes to Marine boot camp and ships out to Okinawa.
41. Evan Can Wait – 2.75 – Rhys Bowen – 5th in the Constable Evans series. Perhaps I have been spoiled by Hamish Macbeth, but I just can't get into Constable Evans and his village. The plot seemed ot have a lot of holes in it that closed up too neatly at the end, too. May or may not go on with the series.
And that was it for the month of May!