Wednesday, November 17, 2010

and then it is something more...

Got up sick again today.  Must.take.more.Dayquil.  Just a little cold, but it still seems to suck the life out of me.  Kids are much better, but I feel very fortunate to have gotten a big stack of educational videos and dvds at the library last week.  Lots of stuff for us to learn from, with limited effort from Mom.

Last night we had some fun, though.  We had another family come over and spend the evening while we processed the three deer Nevin got last weekend.  It was sort of like an old-fashioned bee, the kids off playing, the men in the garage where the cutting was going on, ladies washing and wrapping the meat inside.  Nevin explained to the kids how you cut the deer apart, all the different parts, etc.  Fun and you can log that as science, too!  Just like a field trip. 

Amazingly enough, after watching us cut up the deer, our friends did not want to take any packages home with them.  That's okay, they will come over soon and we'll roast a tenderloin and fry up a mess of venison nuggets and everyone will love it.

Tonight, as I am sick (have I mentioned that I don't really feel very well lately?) we are going to stay home and miss our fellowship.  Hate to miss it, but hate to share all the fun I am having, too.  I am going to make us some tasty venison nuggets for dinner, though.  So nice to have fresh meat in the freezer again!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling badly. I hope you get over this thing soon. Deer meat...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring me venison, and make me savoury meat, that I may eat...
    -Genesis 27:7

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of doubt that Isaac had nuggets in mind!

    ReplyDelete

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.