Monday, November 1, 2010

October Reading List

A real mixed bag this month - several "5's - nice change! 

80. Death of a Hussy: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 3.75 – M.C. Beaton – not as good as some of the others – didn’t really care about any of the characters.


81. Death of a Snob: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 3.75 – M.C. Beaton – pretty good – didn’t jump out and grab me, but they are fast-paced and interesting.

82. Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother – 5 – Carolyn Mahaney – excellent book, based on Titus 2. Definitely one of the better books I’ve read on this subject. Good for both new and mature Christian women.

83. Death of a Prankster: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4 – more adventures with Hamish. He is starting to grow on me.

84. Family Centered Faith – 5 – Voddie Baucham – directions for living a family and faith centered life.

85.  Busy Body: An Agatha Raisin Mystery – 5 – M.C. Beaton – Agatha is back and better than ever! Now, to wait a year or so for the next one!

86. Who Do I Lean On? A House of Hope Novel – 5 – Neta Jackson - 3rd of a four-book series. Enjoyable Christian “chick” literature, with dreams of a “House of Hope” apartment building for the single mothers at the Manna House shelter coming to fruition. Lots of loose ends left, with the final book not coming until March of 2011. A fast, enjoyable and pleasant read. I always wish I could be a Yada Yada sister when I read one of these books.

87. Tallgrass – 5- Sandra Dallas – excellent novel! Tallgrass is the name of a Japanese internment camp in WWII. The story is told from the perspective of Rennie, whose family are beet farmers in small-town Ellis, Colorado. An internment camp for Japanese-Americans is built near their town during WWII. The townspeople are divided in their reactions from the beginning, but when a horrific crime is committed and goes unsolved the lives of everyone there will never be the same. It reminded me of To Kill A Mockingbird, especially in the child/woman voice of Rennie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.