Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire

I just finished reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala. Excellent book. He became the pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle in 1972 when the place was falling apart and they were down to a handful in membership. Through the prayers of the people and the power of the Holy Spirit, the church has grown into many branches, serving all over the country. I love this quote:

"If the times are indeed as bad as we say they are.....if the darkness in our world is growing heavier by the moment....if we are facing spiritual battles right in our own homes and churches.....then we are foolish not to turn to the One who supplies unlimited grace and power. He is our only source. We are crazy to ignore Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.