Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tacoritos


Tacoritos

I have modified the original recipe, this is how I fix them and we love them.  They are sort of like a Taco Bell Enchirito, if you ever had one of those.  Enchilada/burrito combo.  A pain to assemble, but very good.

1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup flour
4 cups water
3 Tbsp chili powder 
1tsp garlic salt
2 lb ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup refried beans
12 small/taco size flour tortillas, warmed
4 cups (?)bag of shredded mexican cheese

In a large saucepan, melt butter.Stir in flour until smooth, gradually add water.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for one minute or until thickened.  Stir in chili powder and garlic salt.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for ten minutes.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef and onion until meat is no longer pink, drain.  Stir in refried beans; heat through.

Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 9x13 pan.  Spread 1 Tbsp sauce on a tortilla, then heaping 1/4 cup meat mixture.  Roll up and place seam side down.  Do this with all of them, pack them tightly in the pan.  Pour the remaining sauce over them (it looks like a lot).  Pour whole package of cheese all over it.  I top the whole thing with jalepeno slices, too.  

Bake at 350 18-22 minutes, uncovered, until cheese is all melted.  Take out and let sit a few minutes for sauce to soak in good.  Serve with lettuce, tomato and sour cream.  

I ended up with a little meat left over this time, I am saving it for leftover tacos.

1 comment:

  1. I'm putting my cook on this one. I hope to have them soon! Can you tell I'm starving? I better go search out some breakfast. Have a great day! Belle

    ReplyDelete

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.