Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It was so nice yesterday to get up and see blue skies and sunshine on the snow.  I am not really a winter person.  I used to be, but now I think I am a spring/fall girl.  I don't like to be hot, but now that I have to take care of the chickens all winter, I am not too crazy about cold, either.  As long as it isn't freezing I am fine, but when there are all the details and complications of freezing chicken water/heated waterers, frozen hoses, etc. it is just a pain to deal with. 

But, for now, as it is warming up and the snow is turning to mud in our yard, I think I am going to look at the pictures I took yesterday, of a sunny, snowy day.

The view from the front porch - it all looks different with the blue sky behind it!

Chickens don't like snow.  I had to get in the house and chase them out, and even at that, as soon as I got out of the house most of them ran back in.  These ladies are White Leghorns (like Foghorn Leghorn).  When we first started raising chickens I was informed that "Leghorn" is pronounced "Leg-ern".   

Don't the henhouses look pretty in the sunshine!

And the view off our back deck.  Please note that the turkey next to the tree in the center, and the deer in the lower left-hand corner are not real - those are targets.

Right now I am finishing up the school schedule for the next few weeks, and I have to do some cabinet drawings today.  But while I do these computer chores I am thinking over schedules, priorities, organization and redeeming the time.  I will post some of those thoughts later this week, as they all begin to jell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.