Monday, January 9, 2012

Good Morning, Monday! Where Is Your Bookmark Today?

I finished Free Land last week - excellent book, highly recommended to any Little House on the Prairie, A Lantern In Her Hand, O Pioneer! or Mrs. Mike fans.

If you don't recognize any of those titles, run, don't walk, to your library.  Now!

This week I am reading The Importance of Being Seven, Book 6 in the 44 Scotland Street series by Alexander McCall Smith.  Mr. Smith is more famous for his No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, but I may even enjoy this one more.  The series is actually published as a serial in a Scottish newspaper.  It follows the lives of the inhabitants of 44 Scotland Street. 

I will put a more thorough review of the book in my monthly reading log - after I have finished it!  I actually had to go to the trouble of getting this one inter-library loan, and so far it is worth it. 

I have gotten crazy on http://www.goodreads.com/ this week - I am not completely certain how the "friending" works there, but if you are there, please let me know and we can be friends!  I have a long "to be read" list now, based on their recommendations.  Just another fun website to while away valuable time on, but it does eliminate two logs I was maintaining, my "to be read" list and my "what I read this year" list.  I have a link down on the right, with my current reads and a link to some of my favorite books.

Happy reading - let me know what you are reading this week!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Paula you certainly have a way of making my TBR list longer and longer. You seem to know just my type of book. Thanks for keeping me in the know.

    ReplyDelete

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.