Started the year in a bit of a rut - but it is a good one! As you can tell, I am thoroughly caught up in the Hamish Macbeth Mysteries. I like them - murders in small, quirky Scottish villages. Not much bad language, not much sex, and the murders aren't gory, usually just a blow to the head with a blunt object, or some craftily administered poison. Anyway, they are my escape late at night when everyone else has gone to bed!
I did also read an Anne Shirley book, just to keep things upbeat!
Books are rated 1-5, though if it is bad enough to be a 1 I generally don't finish it, and a 5 is just about life-changing! I do get lots of 3s and 4s.
1. Anne of Windy Poplars – 4.25 – L.M. Montgomery – Anne of Green Gables #4 Not as good as the first three, but still a good story. Made me wish I was more like Anne!
2. Death of a Charming Man: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery– 3.75 – M.C. Beaton – more adventures with Hamish. It was okay, not as good as the others.
3. Death of a Nag: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4 – M.C. Beaton – better than the last one, a little bit of a trick ending.
4. Death of a Macho Man: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4 – M.C. Beaton – good, easy adventure. Hamish starts to grow on you.
5. Death of a Dentist: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4.25 M.C. Beaton – I really like Hamish.
6. Death of An Addict: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4.25 – M.C. Beaton - one of the better ones
7. A Highland Christmas: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4 – M.C. Beaton – a little too sweet
8. Death of a Dustman: A Hamish Macbeth Mystery – 4 – M.C. Beaton – I had a hard time keeping track of all the minor characters in this one
And what did YOU read last month??