Monday, February 21, 2011

Easy Cinnamon Rolls

I don't have anything earth-shattering to share today, but I did make some really good cinnamon rolls yesterday!

I got the recipe from this book, which I received as a gift at the homeschool mom Christmas party (thanks Shelley!).



Easy Cinnamon Rolls
2 cups biscuit baking mix
2/3 cup of milk
1/8 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Mix biscuit baking mix and milk in a small bowl with a fork.  Knead dough gently 8 to 10 times on lightly floured surface.  Roll into a 12"x7" rectangle; spread thinly with butter.  In a separate small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle dough with sugar mixture.  Roll up tightly, starting with long end; pinch edges to seal.  Cut into 1" slices and put one slice in each cup of a lightly oiled muffin tin.  Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, or until rolls are lightly golden.  Makes approximately 1 dozen.

These were very quick and easy, and went over well.  I checked mine at 10 minutes and they were bordering on "too done", so I'd start checking around 7 minutes next time.  I also made a powder sugar glaze for them.  I have ideas for making orange rolls with this recipe, too. 

Bon apetit!  Maybe tomorrow I will have something deeper than, "Mmmmm, cinnamon rolls," to share!

Or maybe not, who knows!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.... deep enough for me! My life doesn't really go too much deeper than a good cinnamon roll. I mean really, if you've had a good cinnamon roll today, it's a good day. Right?

    ReplyDelete

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.