Friday, February 20, 2009

Still being flexible...

What a week. We have been doing art all week, and really enjoying it. We did paintings in the Impressionist style, and today Picasso-type drawings. Lots of fun. Studying about the early French settlers in Missouri (my family). As soon as it warms up the big guys and I are taking a field trip to Ste. Genevieve (Anita, do I hear you volunteering your day if I spring for lunch?).

Wednesday Henry was lighting matches in the bathtub. I did manage to get the yellow marks out of the tub.

Today Henry cut a big chunk of his hair off. Thank goodness it was in back.

Lest you think I am not paying enough attention to Henry......both times I was working with the older boys and THOUGHT he was well-entertained! And apparently he was, just not on the projects I had planned out. Never to young to start school I guess........(sigh).

Tonight Tony had practice with his Awana Bible Quiz team. He had a really good time - pizza fellowship with the other kids. He's at the age now where things are going on that don't require "Mom" to sit in. This was his first thing to do on his own, outside of church, where he didn't even have Ben. Sounds like it went great. It is amazing to watch them grow up. He will be eleven soon, and he is 5'1" and wears a size 7 shoe. And he is turning into a very nice, mature young man. I am so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.