Monday, February 16, 2009

Being Flexible

A very typical day, in that my mantra is "In all things - be flexible!"

Around 3 a.m. Joey came in and woke me up to tell me Henry was sick. Henry was crouping, so I just picked him up and took him in the bathroom and turned on the shower. It only took about 10 minutes in the steam. But - nothing cures the croup - the only thing I've ever found that helps is oral steroids. For which you need a prescription. And a pediatrician visit. So......we did school this morning and got quite a bit done, and this afternoon I am taking Henry to the doctor. The other boys are going to my moms' house, and they have a little bit of art to finish. Then back home, quick dinner and out the door again to my homeschool meeting.

I'll tell you what - I love my family desperately, but there are days when I am counting the minutes until I can get with a group of my lady friends. Yesterday was one of them. We got home from church and I was so exhausted (Henry didn't want to go to the nursery, I had to teach our kindergarten SS class, and I was tired!) that all I could do was think about getting some work done and then heading out to take the boys to Awana and go to my Bible study. I came home last night feeling so refreshed, I could take on anything.

Even a steam bath with Henry at 3 a.m.

It is good for the pores, you know.....!

And tonight - meeting with the ladies for a time of sharing, prayers, learning, laughing, and then on to Steak and Shake for the "meeting after the meeting". Only once a month, and I do look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.