Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We don't usually do a "big" celebration for Valentine's Day. The boys make Valentine cards every year for all their "girl relatives" - grandmas, aunts, cousins, great aunts, etc. This year we made foam hearts and decorated them with foam conversation hearts that said things like, "Faith", "Trust God", "Jesus Saves", "God Loves You", etc. So much nicer for Grandma to get that than one that says, "Hey Hottie!".

Nevin left for work about 5:30 this morning (is this guy dedicated, or what) and along our kitchen counter I found a vase with red miniature tulips and a card for me, and individual candies and boxes of conversation hearts for each of the boys. What a sweetheart I have married.

This afternoon I am going to make a Lemon Sponge Pie from a recipe that I found in Cook's Country, and we will have venison tenderloin for dinner, and maybe green bean casserole (homemade, not with a can of soup) and maybe baked potato. After the pie and venison the rest is sort of up in the air.

Isn't it interesting how all holidays somehow become about the food?????

So, anyway, my morning is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.