Friday, February 27, 2009

Loving and Trusting

One of my goals this year (I don't like the word "resolutions" - overdone)is to love people more. To judge them less, to open myself up to them, to love them.

Okay, I'm trying.

My ongoing life struggle has also been trusting God. Hence, the title of this blog. It is also my username on Sonlight Forum. It is my lifelong walk, always learning more to trust in Him.

And where is this going, you ask?

Well, I just finished a great book last night (okay, you saw that one coming, right?) titled "Why The Sky Is Blue" by Susan Meissner, who is fast becoming one of my favorite writers.

I'm not going to give you a synopsis, I'll be posting a review of what I read this month sometime soon. But here are a couple passages from the book that have stirred my heart.

"I want to learn how to look deep to see what people are really like. I want to be the kind of person who plunges past the surface and seeks to know the inner thougths of the people I am around. I want to see beauty in people like Cleo from the moment I meet them."

"I must be willing to meet God alone under His vast canopy of stars and see where the level of my trust starts and where it stops. If I am going to love people completely and at the heart of who they are, I am going to need to trust that God will watch over them the way He sees as best. Because loving people will cost me, and I need to be able to meet that price with trust so that I can enjoy love's best moments and endure the worst."

Where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.