And as I make this list, I have to ask myself - are the things that are really important being reflected in my life? I used to hear the expression that you can tell what someone loves by their calendar and their checkbook - by how they spend their time and money. I know that the main thing that gets crowded for me is the calendar, the endless to-do list. Most of my list does not require much by way of money, but it is my time that needs to be considered.
Soooo.....my Life is too short:
- To not spend time with the LORD. To know Him, worship Him, study His Word, rejoice in my salvation, and tell others about the LORD.
- To not make sure my husband knows how very much I love him. I want to give him the best of me, not the drudges at the end of the day (or sometimes drudges in the morning or at lunchtime!). I want to love him and have him know how much he is loved by my actions.
- To not spend the time to know and love my children. Not just to be a disciplinarian or to keep the household running for them, but to seriously know them, be involved in their interests and love on them. To watch NASCAR and basketball, to discuss LEGOS, to kiss away tears and belly-laugh at jokes.
- To not pray for my children and husband. My greatest desire is to see my children saved, walking with the LORD. My desire for my husband is that I can be a helpmeet to him as he leads our family, teaches us and supports us.
- To not spend time in fellowship with the saints. Why would I miss opportunities to be blessed and to bless others? To gather for corporate worship, for times of prayer and study, for times where we can have fellowship as our lives and our walks are entwined, our hearts knit together.
- To not learn and grow. I want to always read and learn and study, for my mind to never grow dull, to stop wondering.
- To not throw a party when it is obvious one needs to be thrown.
- To take on projects that I don't want to do, and suck up time that could be spent on things I do want to do.
- To not take the time to create - be it food, jewellery, cards, whatever.
- To not say, "Thank you" - every day - to the LORD, to those around me. I want to appreciate and show appreciation.
So, there you have it. What are your Top Ten? I'd love to hear from you!