Just for fun
Cherise over at DSMA posted a list of answers to 48 questions.
Others have followed suit and I thought I’d just jump on the bandwagon…Just for fun! Here are 48 things about me. (sorry for the wonky formatting but I'm tired of trying to fix it.)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My full name is Paula Ann. My Uncle Paul and my Grandfather Benjamin. "Ann" in Yiddish is Ben. Or vice versa. I am relying on my mom for this information, as I do not know Yiddish. My grandfather was Jewish.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last weekend when I heard my friend Becky's son had died.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Not really. It is sort of schizophrenic. Sometimes it will change from slanted to straight up and down within the same paragraph.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Four incredible men-in-the-making. Tony will be 15 next month, Ben is 13 next week, Joe will be 10 next month and Henry is 8.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I'd have to be pretty thick-skinned. I tend to say awkward things without really thinking them through. And I have a wierd sense of humor that can be off-putting. But I think I am fun to hang out with, and will return calls and texts. What more can you ask for?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Probably too much. See "off-putting sense of humor" above.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Indeed I do.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not of my own volition.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?Special K Fruit and Yogurt. I really don't like cereal that much.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I am one tough cookie, and that is a fact.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their countenance. Are they smiling or cranky-looking?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I tend to get impatient with my kids, and not give them the grace I should.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My dad. It is hard to believe he has been gone 27 years now. I miss him every day.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Brown Chacos, cream and red trim
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Coffee right now...probably a pack of Smarties last night.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Moneyball on tv. I recorded it months ago, waiting for a chance to watch it without the kids around. Wasn't sure about the language, and I hate having to turn off a movie we have already started.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Some sort of burnt orangey color
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Probably way too important. At least they used to be. I have found myself so discouraged, with both parties, that I have lost interest.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Probably the beach.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Professional baseball - St. Louis Cardinals, of course. My next favorite is college basketball. I don't watch it much, but then I get all excited for March Madness.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark brown, with some interesting (!) streaks of silver
28. EYE COLOR?
Hazel, greenish brown.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No, my glasses are becoming more and more a permanent fixture on my face.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Mexican. Though I love seafood so much. And McDonalds. Don't judge me.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I don't like scary movies at all.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?Right now I am watching Moneyball. Last week we watched Remember the Titans and Rudy. I think Remember the Titans was one of the best movies EVER.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Black "Predator" monster truck shirt that I bought in 2002 at our first Monster Jam.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. Bring on the camping, park days, and hanging at the pool. And no school.
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
A little of both. I mix steps/aerobics with light weight toning.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Can I choose a book instead?
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I always have a few going, but my for-fun right now is Evans to Betsy by Rhys Bowen. I love cozy mysteries.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
A picture of Bro. Bob Schembre baptizing me in the Plattin Creek, 8/18/10.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
Nevin coming in the door.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
I don't think I have one. It depends on what kind of mood I am in.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Sayulita, Mexico. I am probably not spelling that correctly.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I am good at seeing the big picture and putting all the pieces together.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Crystal City, MO
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Festus, MO. I haven't gone far.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Beige, brown, white. Belends in with the forest.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
The Suburban is black. I think of that as being "my" car.
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It kept me from doing any real work for the last twenty minutes.