Saturday, December 31, 2011

And Christmas is OVER!

That is right - the tree is down, everything is dusted, the floor is swept and Christmas 2011 is in the history books.  But, before we leave it altogether (and head out for a New Year's Eve party), let's look at some of the highlights.

Always, always, the Twin City Educators' Mom Christmas Party is a night to be remembered.









Everyone has eaten their fill of appetizers and desserts, and now we are gathering 'round for the gift exchange.


Now, our gift exchange is not a simple choosing of names, or matching numbers.  No, we steal.  We plot. We strategize.  All this, for gifts that are still wrapped.  That's right, we are stealing packages, and we don't have any idea of what is inside.  So what do we do?

We shake.


And listen, hefting the weight back and forth.

Look at that, Suzy is shaking her own gift, just to throw us off.  Clever, clever girl.


When we are done, everyone opens theirs one at a time.

Here is mine - I love it!

Thanks, Kris - you did good!  This is something I will treasure forever.

So now, off to prepare to ring in the new year.  The guys are all in back doing some target practice with rifles and pistols.  I already had my turn, you may see pictures of that, you may not! 

Family Christmas pictures will be up as soon as I get them all cropped/cleaned.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.