Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday, Sunday....

I love Sundays, though I tend to not get much rest!  My deer hunters showed up about 1:30 a.m., so it was a groggy crew that drove off to Bloomsdale Baptist Church this morning.  Excellent sermon from Pastor Erik Bird - he examined the historical background of The Reformation, then discussed the Five Solas - Sola Scriptura, Solas Christos, Solo Gratia, Sola Fide, Sola Deo Gloria (scripture alone, Christ alone, grace alone, faith alone, God's glory alone - don't flame me if my latin is innaccurate!). 

He then challenged us - Are we drifting from the solas of the Reformation?  Are we so familiar with our Bibles that we KNOW what they say, that we can confront false, man-made doctrine - or are we blown this way and that on the doctrines of "personal experience".  Is the God we worship the true God of the Bible, or one we have made up?

Pet peeve alert - when a Christian (or anyone else!) says, when confronted with the God of scripture, "Well, MY God would never do that!"  Your God?  Your God is probably a small "g" god if you get to define him. 

Anyway, moving right along...tonight is the Fall Festival at Faith Baptist Church.  Joe is dressing up as Indiana Jones, Henry is a Power Ranger.  I am the mom carrying plates of cookies for the cake walk (I didn't have any cake pans, the cookies will be fine!) and following them around.  My hunters will be watching NASCAR and maybe wandering down to their stands on our property.  Ben sighted a large buck near the tree fort a few weeks ago. 

Planning out the rest of my week, trying to finish ONE MORE book to add to my list for October - which will be posted tomorrow sometime!

Have a glorious Sabbath, and Reformation Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.