Friday, January 15, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

Baked Oatmeal

2 cups quick oatmeal
½ cup brown sugar
½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup applesauce
¾ cup milk

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into greased 8x8” pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until done (mine was baked in a glass pan, and very done in 20 minutes) Serve with honey, maple syrup or blueberries.

A whole recipe is 27 WW points. I did use sweetened applesauce (all I had) but next time I will use some of my homemade chunky unsweetened, so that will remove a few sugar points. I also used skim milk. I think you could replace the brown sugar with Splenda Brown Sugar stuff, but I have not had good luck using Splenda in any baking, so I'd rather just have the real stuff and do the treadmill for a bit. We ate ours warm with a drizzle of honey. I think raisins would bake well in this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.