Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MAID RITE SANDWICHES

MAID RITE SANDWICHES

There are Maid Rite shops in Iowa (where Nevin is from) and he says these taste like them. The shops serve the meat on sliced bread – I use buns. These are the “loose meat” sandwiches Roseanne and her sister Jackie sold (remember the Roseanne show??)

1 ½ lb ground beef
½ med onion, diced fine
1 can chicken broth ( I cannot remember the size – I use the Swansons, I think it is about 15 oz)
Brown meat in large skillet. Add in chopped onions and broth. Cook until broth is absorbed. Serve on buns (like a sloppy joe) with pickles, ketchup, mustard.

I think they taste a little like White Castles

You can also use chicken boullion cubes made into broth, but the canned stuff tastes better - probably the liberal additions of salt and artificial chicken flavoring! Artificial chickens must be tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love-love-love comments! If anything I've said touches you or makes you think in any way, please let me know. I check for comments frequently through the day.